Friday, February 1, 2008

Keeping blood sugar in control by chewing and spitting

Let's admit it: dieting, starvation and anorexia makes it hard to think and concentrate.
My brain would do a lot better if it was fed consistent but small amounts of carbohydrates, because the brain runs on glucose (end product of carbohydrates) only. Eating protein or fat won't help you think - at least not productive, non-food related thoughts.

Why not just spend some of my day's calorie budget on carbohydrates, you might ask? Any dieter or anorexic can tell you that eating carbs makes you vulnerable to uncontrollable binges, especially on more carbs. My fear for carbohydrates goes beyond its calorie value itself.

Ever since I started chewing and spitting bread or crackers, I've notice my brain can work very efficiently. This is a really great thing, because finally I can read, study, think critically... and actually be a useful person thinking useful thoughts without being distracted by useless thoughts of food, or just plain old hunger. I've figured out why: tiny doses of carbohydrate are being eaten during chewing and spitting. It's never enough to gain weight (at least not for me, because I chew and spit as a form of meal replacement whenever I can), yet my taste buds feels satisfied, my stomach feels satisfied - a nice "empty and flat" stomach yet not feeling hungry, and best of all, I feel almost like a normal person, being able to use my brain for some good. Chewing and spitting actually dulls food cravings.

Right now I'm looking over some particularly complex data (I started graduate school in clinical sciences research!) and chewing and spitting. How wonderful it is!

3 comments:

JL said...

I agree that chewing and spitting controls the cravings because after you spit everything out, you suddenly don't feel like eating any more junk.

WAVE said...

Your blog is very clear, helpful and Informative !:)

The outer unknown "they" always call Chewing and spitting
a disorder, however, if it is approached in a systematic way it is very orderly!

It is a system for dealing with
Normal human tendency to seek
Positive pleasurable results.

It is An ORDERLY system Designed on purpose for self protection and self management.

It involves No harmful drugs and no crazy addictive pharmaceutical prescriptions.

I'll use a question to illustrate my point.

Which is more orderly ?

A person who systematically chews and spits food (especially junk) food to avoid forcing their digestive system to process toxic junk

Or, the person who eats it all and then tries to use medicine to somehow keep the body normalized.

Or,the person who strategizes continuously so they will never ingest any "bad" food.

A person who mindfully manages
Their food intake with regard to quantity, quality, time and location is not being disorderly
Such a person has a very orderly food management system.

A food management system is not an eating "disorder"

It may be expensive. It may be eccentric. It may seem unsocial
But it is not a disorder.

It is a pre planned system designed to manage a biological human system.

I will give you An accurate example of an eating "didorder".

Sitting on the couch eating chips and pizza and not exercising.

THIS is an accurate example of a behavior with no plan or management strategy for processing toxins.

It is the very definition of an eating disorder butNo one ever mentions anything about it !

Check all the medical journals ...nothing there.

Not only that, its portrayed as "normal".

This is an example of how our culture sometimes completely reverses the word "normal" and "disorderly"

Mindful systematic chewing and spitting is a food management system.

It may not be elegant but It is orderly.

It is logical and It does accomplish a specific purpose.

I'll say hello sometime as my real self but it's my first time posting anywhere so I'll start this way.

I'd love to hear feedback on this !!

Thank you everyone !!:):)

91 said...

I randomly came across this blog when I searched chewing and spitting. Thanks for posting your opinion on the matter. Hope you are doing well :)